Fellow of the Japanese Society of Neurology, 1987,
Fellow of the Japanese Society of Internal Medicine, 1988
Member of ACP, 2000
1. Orimo S, Araki M, Ishii H, Ikeda M, Kurosawa T, Arai M, Hiyamuta E. A case of myopathy with tubular aggregates with increased muscle fiber sensitivity to caffeine. J Neurol 1987;234:424-426.
2. Ikeda M, Mikuni M, Nishikawa T, Takahashi K. A neurochemical study of a new mutant mouse presenting myoclonus-like involuntary movement: a possible model of spontaneous serotonergic hyperactivity. Brain Res 1989;495:337-348.
3. Uchihara T, Ikeda M, Takahashi H, Yoshida S, Tsukagoshi H. CSF lymphocyte subsets in aseptic meningitis: dual labelling analysis with flow cytometry. Acta Neurol Scand 1990;81:468-470.
4. Ikeda M, Tsukagoshi H. Encephalopathy due to toluene sniffing, Report of a case with magnetic resonance imaging. Eur Neurol 1990;30:347-349.
5. Kurumaji A, Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCormac AG, McCulloch J. Effects of chronic administration of MK-801 upon local cerebral glucose utilization and ligand binding to the NMDA receptor complex. Brain Res 1991;563:57-65.
6. Uchihara T, Ikeda M, Tsukagoshi H. Recurrent Fisher's syndrmoe with immunological abnormalities and replicated laterality. Eur Neurol 1991;31:270-272.
7. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. Selective reduction of [125I]-apamin binding sites in Alzheimer hippocampus, A quantitative autoradiographic study. Brain Res 1991;567:51-56.
8. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. Preservation of [125I]-galanin binding sites despite loss of cholinergic neurones in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1991;568:303-306.
9. Ikeda M, Tsukagoshi H. Monochorea caused by striatal lesion. Eur Neurol 1991;31:257-258.
10. Ikeda M, Tsukagoshi H. Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease presenting meningoencephalitis, Report of a case with magnetic resonance imaging. Eur Neurol 1992;32:83-85.
11. Ikeda M, Yoshida S, Tsukagoshi H. Interferon-g in cerebrospinal fluid without pleocytosis in scrub typhus. J Neurol Sci 1992;109:61-63.
12. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. A correlative study of calcium channel antagonist binding and local neuropathological features in the hippocampus in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1992;589:313-319.
13. Sato I, Morita I, Kaji K, Ikeda M, Nagao M, Murota S. Reduction of nitric oxide producing activity associated with aging in cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1993;195:1070-1076.
14. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. High affinity hippocampal [3H]-glibenclamide binding sites are preserved in Alzheimer's disease. J Neural Transm [P-D Sect] 1993;5:177-184.
15. Ikeda M, Morita I, Murota S, Sekiguchi F, Yuasa T, Miyatake T. Cerebellar nitric oxide synthase activity is reduced in nervous and Purkinje cell degeneration mutants but not in climbing fiber-lesioned mice. Neurosci Lett 1993;155:148-150.
16. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. Differential alterations of ion channel binding sites in temporal and occipital regions of the cerebral cortex in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1993;630:50-56.
17. Ikeda M, Mackay KB, Dewar D, McCulloch J. Differential alterations in adenosine A1 and k1 opioid receptors in the striatum in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1993;616:211-217.
18. Ikeda M, Matsui K, Ishihara Y, et al. Cerebellar nitric oxide synthase, cGMP and motor function in two lines of cerebellar mutant mice, Staggerer and Wriggle Mouse Sagami. Neurosci Lett 1994;168:65-68.
19. Ikeda M, Takahashi K, Matsunaga T, Tsukagoshi H. Reversible white matter lesions in a patient with fulminant hepatitis and acute renal failure. Intern Med 1994;33:360-362.
20. Ikeda M, Takahashi H, Yoshida S. HLA-DR+CD3+ and CD8+ cells are increased but CD4+CD45RA+ cells are reduced in the peripheral blood in human scrub typhus. Clin Immunol Immunopathol 1994;72:402-404.
21. Komachi H, Tsuchiya K, Ikeda M, Koike R, Matsunaga T, Ikeda K. Radiation myelophathy: a clinicopathological study with special reference tjo correlation between MRI findings and neuropathology. J Neurol Sci 1995;132:228-232.
22. Ikeda M, Dewar D, McCulloch J. Galanin receptor binding sites in the temporal and the occipital cortex are minimally affected in Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett 1995;192:37-40.
23. Ikeda M, Sato I, Yuasa T, Miyatake T, Murota S. Nitrite, nitrate and cGMP in the cerebrospinal fluid in degenerative neurologic diseases. J Neural Transm [Gen Sect] 1995;100:263-267.
24. Ikeda M, Sato I, Matsunaga T, Takahashi M, Yuasa T, Murota S. Ikeda M, Sato I, Matsunaga T, Takahashi M, Yuasa T, Murota S. Cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), nitrite and nitrate in the cerebrospinal fluid in meningitis, multiple sclerosis and Guillain-Barré syndrome. Intern Med 1995;34:734-737.
25. Himi T, Ikeda M, Sato I, Yuasa T, Murota S. Purkinje cells express neuronal nitric oxide synthase after methylmercury administration. Brain Res 1996;718:189-192.
26. Ikeda M, Kanai H, Akaike M, et al. Nitric oxide synthase-containing neurons in the hippocampus are preserved in trimethyltin intoxication. Brain Res 1996;712:168-170.
27. Ikeda M, Komachi H, Sato I, Himi T, Yuasa T, Murota S. Induction of neuronal nitric oxide synthase by methylmercury in the cerebellum. J Neurosci Res 1999;55:352-356.
28. Ikeda M, Komiyama T, Sato I, Himi T, Murota S. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase is resistant to ethanol. Life Sci 1999;64:1623-1630.
29. Tsuchiya K, Ozawa E, Haga C, Watabiki, S, Ikeda M, Sano M, Ooe K, Taki K, Ikeda, K. Constant involvement of the Betz cells and pyramidal tract in multiple system atrophy: a clinicopathological study of seven autopsy cases. Acta Neuropathol 2000;99: 628-636
30. Suzuki R, Ikeda M, Kami M. Japanese physicians and
public respect. Lancet 2000;356:598-600.
32. Ikeda M. Iron overload without the C282Y mutation in patients with epilepsy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiat 2001;70:551-3
33. Ikeda M, Arai Y. Longitudinal changes in brain CTscans and development of dementia in Down's syndrome. Eur Neurol 2002;47:205-208
34. Ikeda M, MatsunagaT, Irabu N, Yoshida S. Using vital signs to diagnose impaired consciousness: cross sectional observational study. BMJ 2002;325:800
35. Himi T, Ikeda M, Yasuhara T, Murota S. Oxidative neuronal death caused by glutamte uptake inhibition in cultured hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci Res 2003;71:679-688
36. Himi T, Ikeda M, Yasuhara T, Morita I. Role of Neuronal Glutamate Transporter in the Cysteine Uptake and Intracellular Glutathione Levels in Cultured Cortical Neurons. J Neural Transm [Gen Sect] 2003;110: 1337-48
37. Kishi Y, Miyakoshi S, Kami M, Ikeda M, Katayama Y, Murashige N, Kusumi E, Yuji K, Kobayashi K, Kato D, Hamaki T, Matsumura T, Kim S-W, Morinaga , Mori S, Kanemaru M, Hayashi T, Takaue Y, Taniguch S. Early central nervous system complication following reduced intensity stem-cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2004;10:561-568
38. Ikeda M. Uses of error. Family bias by proxy. Lancet 2005;365:187
39. Kobayashi K, Kami M, Ikeda M, Kishi Y, Murashige N, Tanosaki R, Mori S, Takaue Y. Fulminant septicemia caused by Bacillus cereus following reduced-intensity umbilical cord blood transplantation. Haematologica 2005;90:ECR06
40. Murashige N, Kami M, Ikeda M. Aspirin, COX-2, and the Risk of Colorectal Cancer. N Engl J Med 2007;357: 824.
41. Kondoh T, Kanno A, Itoh H, Nakashima M, Honda R, Kojima M, Noguchi M, Nakane H, Nozaki H, Sasaki H, Nagai T, Kosaki R, Kakee N, Okuyama T, Fukuda M, Ikeda M, Shibata Y, Moriuchi H. Donepezil Significantly Improves Abilities in Daily Lives of Female Down Syndrome Patients with Severe Cognitive Impairment: A 24-Week Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Int J Psychiatry Med 2011;41:71-89.
42. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Japan lags behind the UK in neurological drug approvals. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2011;71:473-475.
43. Ikeda M. Fulminant form of mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis, and stroke-like episodes: A diagnostic challenge. J Med Cases 2011;2(2):87-90.
44. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Delays in neurological drug development in Japan. Internal Medicine 2011;50:1565-1568.
45. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Medical management of the acute radiation syndrome. Ann Intern Med 2011;155:135-6.
46. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Development of drugs against chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear agents. Lancet 2011;378:486.
47. FujiwaraT, Nishimura M, Honda R, Nishiyama T, Nomoto M, Kobayashi N, Ikeda M. Comparison of peer-led versus professional-led training in basic life support for medical students. Advances in Medical Education and Practice 2011;2:187–191.
48. Shimazawa R, Kusumi I, Ikeda M. Delays in psychiatric drug development in Japan. J Clin Pharm Ther 2012;37:348-351.
49. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. The vaccine gap between Japan and the UK. Health Policy 2012;107:312-317
50. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M.Japanese regulatory system for approval of off-label drug use: Evaluation of safety and effectiveness in literature-based applications. Clin Ther 2012;34:2104-16
51. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Are there any differences in the regulations of personalised medicine among the US, EU, and Japan? Br J Clin Pharmacol 2313;75: 1365-7
52. Asakura T, Kodera S, Kanda J, Ikeda M. Thiamine-responsive pulmonary hypertension. BMJ Case Reports 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-007938
53. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Safety information in drug labeling: a comparison of the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2013;22:306-18
54. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Differences in pharmacogenomic biomarker information in package inserts from the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. J Clin Pharm Ther 2013;38:468–475
55. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Approval gap of pharmacogenomic biomarkers and in vitro companion diagnostics between the United States and Japan. J Clin Pharm Ther 2014;39:210-214
56. Kodera S, Ikeda M, Sato K, Kushida S, Kanda J. Percutaneous coronary intervention is a useful bridge treatment for acute myocardial infarction due to acute type A aortic dissection. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2014 Apr 2. [Epub ahead of print]
57. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Conflicts of interest in psychiatry: strategies to cultivate literacy in daily practice. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2014;68:489–497
58. Asakura T, Ikeda M, Nakamura A, Kodera S. Efficacy of empirical therapy with non-carbapenems for urinary tract infections with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae. Int J Infect Dis 2014;21:91-95
59. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. International differences in companion diagnostic approvals: How are we able to manage the differences? Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2015;15:157-159 (doi:10.1586/14737159.2015.969243)
60. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Development of drug-approval regulations to medical countermeasures against chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear agents in Japan. Health Security. 2015;13:130-138. doi:10.1089/hs.2014.0068
61. Kawasaki K, Miyaji K, Kodera S, Suzuki Y, Kanda J, Ikeda M. Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in a patient with schizophrenia. Clinical Case Reports 2015; 3(5): 308–314 (DOI: 10.1002/ccr3.230)
62. Aoki Y, Kodera S, Shakya S, Ishiwaki H, Kanda J, Ikeda M. Isolated deep T wave inversion on an electrocardiogram with normal wall motion. Clinical Case Reports 2015; 3(7): 594–597 (doi: 10.1002/ccr3.242)
63. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Overcoming regulatory challenges in the development of companion diagnostics for monitoring and safety. Per Med 2016;13(2):155-67
64. Shimazawa R, Ikeda M. Drug–diagnostic co-development: challenges and issues. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 2016;16(2):187-204 DOI:10.1586/14737159.2016.1132163